Commercial properties that rely on all areas to be fully functional need a reliable roof structure that delivers all-weather protection to outdoor spaces throughout the year.
When the Loungueville Hotel started planning for their recent renovation, proprietor Graham Campion sought to create a space that would guarantee table bookings in the outdoor areas regardless of the weather. Not wanting his venue to be weather-dependant, which would render the outdoor space useless in inclement conditions, he decided to create a covered space that could be comfortably and flexibly used all-year-round.
After considering several roofing options for his outdoor space including one from Europe, Campion decided on a Vergola opening roof system as it ticked all the boxes.
His decision was based on the following factors:
- Vergola (NSW) is an established and stable business with years of experience;
- Vergola is a local Australian, family based business;
- Vergolas are manufactured in Sydney, eliminating the risk of transporting a product from Europe or Asia;
- Vergola was a fraction of the cost of the European alternative;
- Having installed a smaller Vergola at his hotel 15 years ago, he had an existing relationship with the company as well as a very positive experience;
- As an existing customer, he was confident Vergola would come and service the system quickly if required.
Following the installation of a Vergola louvered roof system, the Loungueville Hotel now has a very versatile alfresco space. In summer, the solid Vergola roof deflects the direct heat and sun, and protects patrons when it rains. In winter, the Vergola louvres allow the winter sun to stream in and provide warm comfort.
“People are always asking me about the roof system we have used. I tell them that Vergola is a great product and well priced. It has provided us with a more useable, versatile, alfresco space and we love it,” Campion commented.