Solacoat, available from Coolshield International Pty Ltd is a certified award-winning range of heat reflective coatings that offers a sustainable solution to reduce heat build-up in buildings during hot summer days.
A revolutionary water-based acrylic coating, Solacoat contains a unique membrane additive that reflects the sun’s solar rays, reducing cooling costs as well as greenhouse gas emissions.
Solacoat heat reflective roof and wall paints offer several advantages such as reduced heat build-up within the building, better energy efficiency due to lower air-conditioning requirement, excellent waterproofing, cost-effective application, anti-fungal and anti-mould properties as well as excellent appearance.
Solacoat heat reflective paints won the prestigious Silver Award at the International GAIA Awards in 2008.
Key benefits of Solacoat heat reflective paints:
- Cost effective application, requiring 1 x 50 micron thickness wet primer and 2 x 50 micron thickness wet topcoat applied to the surface
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions for air-conditioned buildings
- Inhibits rust, corrosion and thermal expansion, ensuring durability
- Protects heat sensitive assets in the building
- Better energy efficiency through lower air-conditioning
- Contains anti-fungal and anti-mould properties
- Non-toxic and environmentally safe
- Architecturally presents an exceptional appearance
- Excellent waterproofing properties
- Facilitates conducive and liveable environments
- Easy to apply
- 10-year limited guarantee
- Manufactured in NATA and APAS approved facilities
Seacliff Park Foodland IGA General Manager, Mr Neil Price confirms that Solacoat has taken the heat out of their roof and saved them over 50% of their summer air-conditioning bill.
For instance on a day when the weather was 36°C, the temperature inside the store was so cool that they only needed to operate two of the four air-conditioners.
Canberra Snooze franchisee, Ms Lyn Bendle reduced the number of air-conditioners in use from 11 to 4 on a 33°C day.
Settlement City Shopping Centre Assistant Centre Manager, Owen Moon said that Solacoat was applied to approximately 12% of the roof area producing a saving of about 12-15% of the electricity bill.