Akubra, the famous ‘Upside Down’ home in Nundle, NSW has been winning several awards and accolades for its sustainability.
ZEGO Building Systems congratulates Blue Eco Homes and Alexander Symes Architect for their brilliant leadership and collaboration in sustainable construction and design.
ZEGO supplied its ReFORM formwork system for the off-form concrete interior walls throughout the home. ReFORM is a strippable, reusable and recyclable plastic formwork system.
The formwork was used to cast a solid reinforced concrete exposed thermal mass wall. ReFORM’s imprint produced a textured concrete backdrop, creating feature walls throughout the award-winning home.
Some of the recognitions received by the Upside Down Akubra House include:
- HIA Northern NSW Greensmart Sustainable Home
- MBA NSW Excellence in Housing Award – Energy Efficient Housing ($800k to $2m)
- HIA Australian Greensmart Custom Built Home
- Honourable mention in the INDE Awards – Living Space Category
- 2020 Houses Awards Shortlist
- 2020 Sustainability Awards – Single Dwelling (New) Shortlist
- A feature in the most recent edition of Green Magazine