Now in its 14th year, the Think Brick Awards celebrates the innovative and contemporary use of clay bricks, concrete masonry and roof tiles in Australian architecture. With a simple online entry process that only takes around 10 minutes, and 5 product categories spanning commercial & residential brick, masonry, landscape & roof tile projects, the Think Brick Awards are unlike any other.
Think Brick Australia CEO, Elizabeth McIntyre, said, “Each year I am continually surprised by the innovative & sophisticated ways architects and builders THINK brick, block, paver & roof tiles. We are really looking forward to showcasing the different applications that have been made this year in the craftsmanship of built designs. The New Entrant category is also an added drawcard to architects that have not entered the Awards before looking to have their worked judged by a panel of Internationally renowned architects, whilst also giving them the opportunity to win a $10k prize.”
“The Think Brick Awards celebrates the innovation of architects who champion versatility and creativity in their design of residential, commercial and landscape projects.”
2020 Think Brick Award categories include:
- Horbury Hunt Commercial Award: includes built projects that exemplify outstanding craftsmanship and innovation through the use of clay face bricks and pavers, with a cash prize of $10,000.
- Horbury Hunt Residential Award: includes residential built projects that exemplify outstanding craftsmanship and innovation through the use of clay face bricks and pavers, with a cash prize of $10,000.
- Kevin Borland Masonry Award: recognises projects that highlight the design potential of concrete masonry in commercial and residential built architecture, with a cash prize of $10,000.
- Bruce Mackenzie Landscape Award: highlights the unlimited possibilities of the humble paver, with a cash prize of $10,000.
- Robin Dods Roof Tile Excellence Award: showcases the sustainability benefits, versatility and design possibilities of terracotta roof tiles, with a cash prize of $10,000.
- New Entrant Award: automatic entry for those architects who have never entered in the awards before, with a cash prize of $10,000.
“The awards are a great opportunity to celebrate masonry as industry leaders, recognising the important contribution architects, builders, bricklayers and manufacturers make to design and architecture,” said Elizabeth McIntyre.
The deadline for awards entries is Thursday 9th April 2020 with winners announced at a gala dinner on Thursday 13th August 2020. Each entrant will receive two complimentary tickets to the awards dinner.
Submit your project now here