Roof ventilation is important to drive heat and moisture out of your roof cavity all year round, keeping you cooler in summer, and protecting your roof space during cooler winter months.
Features & Benefits:
- More aiflow: Advanced solar panel technology generates maximum power through a large 320 diameter fan.
- Tailored roof tile: Seamless one piece flashing guarantees a leak-proof and durable product. Customised to your roof.
- Best warranty: 5 Year brushless motor (so it won't wear out). No parts excluded.
- High-performing: High-performance motor is reliable, long lasting and whisper quiet. Installed in under 1 hour by a Solatube Certified Installation consultant.
There are many performance claims made on the market, but solar powered roof ventilation is going to make a substantial difference compared to wind vents. What are the most important things you need to review when purchasing roof ventilation?
The best way to know if you are getting value is understanding the wattage of the solar panel and the diameter of the extraction fan. While there are other variables this will provide you with the simplest and easiest comparison.
With many imports being shipped directly from overseas, consumers need to be careful selecting product for harsh environments such as Australia. A single, one-size- fits-all flashing creates similar issues with leaking as in traditional low-quality skylights. Consumers should always look for roof flashing’s that are tailored to the contours of their roof.
While it’s standard to offer 10-15 years warranty on a solar panel, ensure you read the fine print. Most will exclude components, usually offering 1-3 years on the motor.
Summer means longer days, more sun, and warmer temperatures. If heat isn’t vented from your roof space properly, it builds up & causes problems in your home:
- Living spaces become hot and uncomfortable
- Air conditioning units work harder to keep rooms cool
- Utility costs rise due to increased energy demand
- Roof structures and materials deteriorate
A Solar Star Roof Ventilation System solves these problems by removing excess heat from your home, giving you a more comfortable interior and lower energy bills.
With winter comes ice, snow, and cold temperatures. When coupled with excess humidity from showers, humidifiers, and dishwashers, it can lead to:
- Damage to insulation and framing materials produced by moisture accumulation
- Weakening of internal structures caused by mold and fungus growth
A Solar Star Roof Ventilation System prevents these issues by equalizing interior and exterior temperatures, safeguarding your home from the worst of winter.
Features of the Solar Star Roof Ventilation System Include: