Known as carcinogen, UV radiation is a major cause of skin cancer in Australia. According to the Cancer Council Australia
, outdoor workers have a higher risk of certain kinds of non-melanoma skin cancer as they often spend long periods of time in the sun, all year round, over many years of working life.
In Cancer Council Australia's Position Statement
, it recommends that employers should have a comprehensive sun protection program in place, which includes engineering controls such as providing shade
offer architectural umbrellas that provide maximum UVA and UVB protection. Its Streetlife range of architectural umbrellas set new standards in the design, engineering and sustainability of external sun shade systems.
Installing quality shade structures in the workplace
Viva Sunscreeens' architectural shade umbrellas offer a number of benefits including:
- sun shade umbrellas are made using innovative engineering techniques
- withstand winds of up to 130 km/hr
- provides maximum UVA and UVB protection
- commercial, wind rated steel frame construction
- manufactured from easy to maintain, anti-static waterproof, UV resistant, anti-fungal PVDF coating fabric
The Streetlife architectural umbrellas can have gutters, heating, lighting and outdoor blind systems integrated into the design depending on project requirements.
The sun shade umbrellas are available in a variety of sizes, canopy shapes, supporting configurations and eye-catching designs.