The building and construction industry has come a long way in the past decade. The expectations of those within the industry, as well as the general public have evolved dramatically in regards to a range of issues including construction times and cost, environmental sustainability and safety standards.
One element of building that has been slow to keep up with these evolving expectations is also one of the most commonly used. Fibre cement and plasterboard are used in virtually every building project, and yet in recent times their performance and environmental properties have seen little growth.
That is until now.
INEX>BOARDS from UBIQ have been developed as a sustainable, light weight alternative to traditional fibre cement and plasterboard products for the building and construction industry.
UBIQ Low Carbon Fibre Reinforced Engineered Cementitious Composite (ECC) technology has been in development for almost a decade, with the aims of producing the best building board on the market. The result of this innovative technology is the highest quality building board available to Australian builders and architects.
INEX>BOARDS excel where traditional boards have often faltered, providing superior performance in key performance indicators, including:
- Low Carbon- Considerably lower embodied energy than traditional fibre cement boards or plasterboards.
- Strength- INEX>BOARDS are about three times stronger than that of comparable fibre cement.
- Durability- Can be used in ALL climatic conditions (rain, snow, frost, extreme temperatures and varying humidities)
- Stability- Tests show that INEX>BOARDS retain over 80% of the dry strength after 25 soak-dry cycles.
- Fire Resistance- BAL-FZ rated, non- combustible
- Acoustic Resistance- Higher acoustic attenuation than that of standard plasterboard products.
- Water Resistance- High level of moisture resistance and conform to the requirements of the Water Permeability Test.
- Radiation Shielding- Tests show an enhanced electromagnetic radiation shielding properties.
- Healthier Living- Non-toxic, do not contain asbestos and do not support mould growth.
UBIQ’s INEX>BOARDS are the most versatile building sheets on the market, ideal for commercial and residential applications, internal or external. INEX>BOARDS are ideal for use on almost any surface, including:
- Decking boards
- Flooring substrates
- Finished polished concrete floors
- Internal sheets for walls or ceilings
- External sheets for walls or soffits
In this short video, three clients discuss their experiences with INEX>BOARDS in three very different projects, including its use as a polished concrete tile in a commercial showroom, through to external weatherboards and as a timber style decking in residential applications.