Picture this: a picnic surrounded by beautiful landscape, a packed picnic basket, enjoying the company of your family, friends and loved ones.
As we say goodbye to the Australian chill and start to enjoy the great outdoors, sometimes we forget to protect ourselves from the harsh UV rays.
Getting sunburnt - or worse, skin cancer - is no walk in the park and certainly no picnic.
According to Cancer Council Australia
, Australia has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world, with more than 1,850 Australians each year dying from this almost entirely preventable disease.
The Council recommends a combination of sun protection measures:
- sun-protective clothing
- broad spectrum, water resistance SPF30+ sunscreen
- broad brim or legionnaire style hat
- sunglasses that meet Australian standards, and
- seeking shade
Thankfully, Outside Products
manufacture and supply some 60 standard picnic shelter designs with a range of roof styles:
- 6 sided gazebo
- 4 sided pyramid shelters
The picnic shelters are available with either steel posts or specially designed timber leaf posts, which incorporates the strength of hot dipped galvanised steel posts.
Superior design for optimum sun protection
Outside Products believe that their picnic shelter kit form structures are the sturdiest available for public use. Some of the key benefits include:
- timber posts with the strength of steel
- using bolted steel connection plates in place of gang nail plates
- fascias that allow simple fitting of gutters and downpipes
- vandal resistant connections made from grade 316 stainless steel
- Each kit form structure comes with Building Approval Drawings and Third Party Engineering Certification (Form 15)
- 10 year warranty on all shelter kit forms
Architects and specifiers can download Outside Products' shelter spec sheet
, with various configurations and designs available to suit any urban landscape project.
So why not have your cake and eat it too - under a shaded picnic area!