The new Crown DriveCore Installation series amplifiers have been launched to supplement its CTS line of installation amplifiers.
Crown’s DCi series is available in an analogue model and a network model, each with various subsets.
The analogue version of the DCi series is available as 300W or 600W per channel in 2-/4-/8-channel configurations, all in a 2-rack unit form factor. More channels in one box allow smaller infrastructure rooms that can reduce operational costs while maximising installation flexibility.
The network model has all the features of the analogue version in addition to digital audio transport via Harman’s proprietary BLU-Link plus balanced analogue inputs, delivering a tremendous audio advantage at a much lower cost.
Key features of DCi series analogue installation amplifiers:
Key features of DCi series network installation amplifiers:
- Direct drive 70v or 100v output saves money by using smaller gauge wiring to drive the speakers
- Produces higher audio quality much more efficiently without any need for a step-up transformer at the output
- Drive speakers at 4 or 8 ohms in low-Z mode, or speakers in high-Z mode (70Vrms or100Vrms)
- Better design flexibility since all loads are powered on a channel-by-channel basis
- Channels are bridgeable even in 100Vrms mode, offering more adaptability for higher power applications such as subwoofers
- Saves power by integrating into a control system, allowing it to be turned on and off from its dry contact inputs on the rear
- Highly efficient internal cooling fans provide airflow to heat-generating parts
- Fans incorporated into the amplifier brick design to maximise cooling while minimising wasted energy and noise
- Advanced power supply delivers power more efficiently in almost any condition, resulting in less power dissipated and less heat in the racks
Embedded DSP from BSS Audio expands the amplifier’s capabilities to include:
- Digital audio transport via Harman’s proprietary BLU-Link
- Balanced analogue inputs for tremendous audio advantage
- Priority input router allows a primary input to be specified; if audio is lost the amp automatically switches to the other input
- Can operate as a BLU-Link input bridge, using its 8 analogue inputs as inputs to the wider BLU-Link network for processing by a BSS Soundweb London DSP
- Better monitoring, control and audio manipulation with the HiQnet protocol over a standard TCP/IP network
- Allows performance of networked DCi amplifiers to be remotely monitored and controlled
- Can be integrated with Harman’s Audio Architect software platform and all Harman networked products
- GPIO ports can be configured in many different ways, such as volume controls, recall presets, or to report errors to a master computer
- LevelMax limiters
- Input/output EQ
- Matrix mixer
- Speaker line monitoring
- DCi2/300N: Two channel @ 300W per channel
- DCi2/600N: Two channel @ 600W per channel
- DCi4/300N: Four channel @ 300W per channel
- DCi4/600N: Four channel @ 600W per channel
- DCi8/300N: Eight channel @ 300W per channel
- DCi8/600N: Eight channel @ 600W per channel
is a leading Australian distributor of professional sound systems as well as lighting and staging systems.