James Hardie Australia is organising a series of online CPD courses for the benefit of people working in the architecture and building industry that will allow participants to boost their CPD hours at home.
These online CPD courses are available for practices at a date and time convenient to their teams. Alternatively, participants can simply join one of James Hardie’s national CPD presentations.
As part of the ongoing series of online CPD courses, James Hardie Australia presents a new course covering the recent NCC updates for building cladding.
The following CPD course is presented by James Hardie product manager Timothy Elliott.
Topic: Safe enduring facades that meet design ambition
Dates: Thursday 2nd July, 1pm and Thursday 16th July, 1pm.
Overview: This CPD aims to educate you on how tragic building and cladding failures globally have brought on NCC code changes to ensure safe and enduring facades. The course will cover these updates and their impact on the building code in the context of façade cladding selection and façade design.
Learning outcomes: After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the context of the NCC updates and their impact on the Building Code
- Understand the compliance layers in the NCC that affect cladding selection
- Determine the required level of fire resistance for the building’s façade
- Understand compliance pathways and what methods and tests are needed to demonstrate compliance
- Understand state-wise differences in the NCC
- Understand why fibre cement cladding is considered fire safe (exempt from additional testing and verification) in the building code