F.E.W Waterproofing supplies waterproofing membranes and protective coatings for long term protection of civil works such as tunnels, irrigation channels, dams and water treatment plants.
Cracks can form on the concrete surfaces of irrigation canals caused by thermal expansion and contraction, resulting in failure at the concrete joins and leading to water leakage. The constant exposure to the elements causes damage to the concrete surface and leads to deterioration. Chemicals such as salts and phosphates, often dissolved in the water, also attack the concrete of the irrigation canal.
F.E.W Waterproofing is the Australian accredited applicator for Liquid Rubber waterproof membranes. An ideal waterproof barrier for surface protection of simple or complicated water channels and irrigation structures, Liquid Rubber is eco-friendly and provides a non-toxic, flexible waterproof membrane certified for potable water.
F.E.W Waterproofing offers its extensive expertise in elastomeric flexible environmental waterproofing barriers. The Liquid Rubber membrane is highly elastic and will bridge small cracks in concrete by seamlessly and fully bonding to the concrete substrate so water cannot get behind the coating like liners and traditional membranes.
Liquid Rubber is ideal for waterproofing drinking water supply channels, irrigation channels, drinking water pipes as well as water tanks and reservoirs.
Key benefits of Liquid Rubber waterproofing membranes for irrigation canals:
Key features of Liquid Rubber:
- Unaffected by a wide range of mild acids, alkalis, salts and other inorganic chemicals contained in the soil, water or the environment
- High quality protective membrane offers excellent protection from water penetration, salt or other chemical attacks on concrete surfaces
- Excellent adhesion to almost all substrates
- Flexibility prevents cracking and helps to bridge cracks in the concrete surface
- Low water permeance protects the surface
- Seamless liquid applied system fully adheres to the surface eliminating areas for water to get under the membrane
- Resists damage from UV sunlight exposure
- Water based, free of solvents, non-toxic and non-flammable
- Ability to withstand continuously wet environments and ponding
- Flexible and elastomeric; accommodates substrate movement
- Compatible with most substrates and other surface toppings
- Durable and tough seamless finish
- Excellent vapour barrier with low water vapour transmission properties
- Can be applied on horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Low odour and free of dangerous fumes in warm and/or confined areas