Dulux Aquagalv is a waterborne, heavy-duty two-pack, self-curing inorganic zinc silicate primer. The high level of zinc in Aquagalv offers particularly high corrosion resistance, better than hot dip galvanising particularly in coastal and severe marine environments. The service life and aesthetics can be further enhanced with suitable topcoats.
Aquagalv provides long-term galvanic corrosion protection on all types of steelwork, especially structural, even in corrosive coastal areas. In fact, Aquagalv conforms to AS2312:2004 System “IZS2 & IZS3” for long term corrosion protection.
Specially formulated for projects adhering to stringent ESD (ecologically sustainable design) guidelines, the total VOC level of Aquagalv is less than 10 g/l. Its low VOC levels, minimal thermal energy inputs, nil corrosive chemical surface treatments and enhanced corrosion protection make Aquagalv the ideal green alternative to hot dip galvanising.
When fully cured, Aquagalv has a smooth, even and hard surface that resists damage during transport.
Features and benefits:
- Low VOC; < 10g/l, most suitable for ESD compliant projects
- Contains a high level of zinc metal for maximum corrosion protection, especially in marine and coastal environments
- Primer/finish that can be easily top-coated if a colour is required
- Tough and abrasion resistant once cured, and resists damage during transport
- Low odour and easy water wash-up
- Withstands the most severe weathering conditions
- Resists temperatures up to 400°C
- Good resistance to fresh and salt water
- Resists splash and spillage of chlorinated, aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons and alcohols
10.77 litre kit.
The surface preparation and painting of mild steelwork is accomplished in 3 or 4 simple steps, none of which require any corrosive chemicals or elevated temperatures.