is celebrating 40 years in business in 2012.
A leading privately owned hardware manufacturer and a major partner to the fenestration industry, Doric Australia began operation when business partners Ray Long and Roy Alchin decided to expand their successful Colonial Castings business to include supply of quality, competitively priced window and door hardware.
Beginning as a small offshoot of Colonial Castings in an old horse stable in Annandale, Sydney, Doric quickly grew into a major national and international business, currently producing 100,000 individual products and employing 150 people across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific.
Key milestones for Doric over the past 40 years:
- 1983: Doric releases the first ever push cylinder window lock
- 1984: Doric launches the first spring balance system for aluminium windows
- 1989: Doric releases the first ever keyed window lock
- 1989: Doric introduces the first spring loaded and adjustable security door roller, the DR227/S
- 1993: Doric develops the first of the universal chassis sliding door deadlocks with interchangeable handles
- 1996: Doric presents Polesium, a uniquely engineered, reinforced polymer that can be painted, providing the ultimate corrosion-resistant finish
- 2006: Doric releases the first chainwinder with adjustable chain length