FireMastic-HPE intumescent mastic sealant is the best-in-class with the highest expansion rate and superior charring for closing pipes and multiple service bundles.
Fire conditions causes FireMastic-HPE to expand >40 times its volume and forms a solid char. This maintains insulation in even the largest penetrations.
In a fire situation, FireMastic-HPE expands with enough pressure to close combustible pipes and seal around cables and metal pipes, maintaining the integrity and insulation of the seal and resisting the passage of fire and smoke, yet without placing any unnecessary pressure on the substrate.
Tested to AS1530.4 and AS4072. 1, as well as BS/EN1366, FireMastic-HPE can offer an FRL of -/120/120 on the following services:
- uPVC pipes / conduits
- HPDE plumbing pipes
- PEX and PEX-AL plumbing / gas pipes
- CPVC plastic sprinkler pipes
- Cables / cable bunches
- Large power mains
- Bunches of data cables
- NBN fibre optics
- NBN data conduits
- Lagged copper pipes
- Bundles of Paircoil, cable and conduits
Approved for use on:
- Plasterboard walls of 60min, 90min, 120min
- Concrete / block walls
- Water-based and non-slump
- Tested on linear gaps and service penetrations
- Closes plastic pipes in a fire up to 125mm diameter
- Replaces fire collars on pipes of PVC, HDPE, uPVC and PEX
- Simple installation method for all pipe types
- used to seal insulated copper chiller pipes
FireMastic-HPE can be used instead of traditional pipe collars on plastic pipes, saving you material and labour. It offers versatile, simple and low-cost solutions for firestopping a wide range of penetration systems.