has introduced a new line of fixed dome network cameras offering excellent image quality including support for wide dynamic range (WDR) with ‘dynamic capture’.
The new AXIS P3384 network cameras are suitable for installations close to large windows and entrances in buildings, in tunnel passages and other areas with strong variations in light. Available in indoor and outdoor-ready models, the IP cameras are ideal for airports, train stations, government and bank buildings, and for city surveillance.
According to Wai King Wong, Country Manager, Australia and New Zealand, Axis Communications, the fixed dome network cameras follow the successful introduction of AXIS Q1604, the first of Axis’ cameras incorporating WDR with ‘dynamic capture’.
Featuring the same level of WDR, the new fixed domes provide clear images in demanding light conditions by applying WDR ‘dynamic capture’ of scenes with great variation in light, and Lightfinder technology to handle extreme low light scenarios. These cameras offer increased processing power, allowing for greatly enhanced performance in video analytics applications.
The indoor AXIS P3384-V and outdoor-ready AXIS P3384-VE network cameras both come in vandal-resistant casings.
Key features of AXIS P3384 network cameras:
- HDTV 720p/1.3MP resolution based on top-quality, 1/3" image sensor
- Modular design with quick and easy installation capabilities
- Remote zoom and pixel counter ensure optimised angle of view for the area to be monitored and required pixel resolution
- Remote focus eliminates need for manual focusing
- Support for standard, environment-friendly PoE requires only one network cable
- Weatherproof models operate in extreme temperatures from -40ºC to +55ºC
- H.264 Main Profile option reduces bandwidth and storage needs by up to 20%
- Supported by the Axis Application Development Partner Program and AXIS Camera Station
- Support for AXIS Camera Application Platform, AXIS Video Hosting System and ONVIF