Polyurethane is closed cell rigid foam, available from Australian Urethane & Styrene . They offer Polyurethanes, ranging in density from 35kg/m³ to 200kg/m³.
Polyurethane (PUR) closed cell rigid foam has a number of applications, such as marine buoyancy and for insulation in cool rooms where load bearing is required. It is also suitable for carving for fibreglass moulds and for use in situations where styrene is not strong enough.
Features of Polyurethane (PUR) closed cell rigid foam:
- Low thermal conductivity (k) value
- Can operate at medium-high service temperatures
- Provides no food for pests
- Flame retardant additive
- Buoyancy properties
- Good compressive strength
- Resistant to chemicals and solvents
- Resistant to rot