Armstrong offers a broad range of suspended ceiling systems that are fully compliant with Australian standards.
Rigorously and independently tested to resist seismic actions, learn more about the testing process and why Armstrong is the leader in delivering seismic solutions.
- Durable enough to resist lateral forces, while still maintaining structural integrity during seismic events
- Minimises panels and plasterboard sheets from dislodging and blocking evacuation paths
- Enhances the safety of building occupants
- Comprehensive solutions for Two Way and Dry Wall Ceiling Systems
When installed according to Armstrong’s Design Guidelines, seismic ceiling systems are compliant with the following standards:
- AS/NZS 2785:2000 Suspended Ceilings – Design and Installation
- AS/NZS 1170.0.2002 Structural Design Actions – General Principles
- AS 1170.5:2007 Structural Design Actions – Earthquake Actions in Australia
- NZS 1170.5:2004 Structural Design Actions – Part 5: Earthquake Actions – NZ
- AS/BZS 4600:2005 Cold-Formed Steel Structures
In addition to the Design Guidelines, Armstrong offers a project specific Seismic Calculator which generates data* on the required: Perimeter Seismic Gap, Bracing Types and Perimeter Fixing.
*Note: This data must be certified by a qualified engineer.
Robust and rigorously tested to resist seismic activity, Armstrong are experts in the development and innovation of world-class ceiling solutions.
Contact Armstrong to request your Seismic Calculator.